Jeremy @ 20 weeks

Jeremy @ 20 weeks
At 20 weeks we found out about CDH on April 19 2011

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Back Home!

So tuesday we left for St. Louis we didn't leave till 6 p.m. and we got there around 1 a.m. We had to stop a few times because of the kids and of course me. The hotel Drury INN was really nice, the fetal care institute made reservations for us.
The next day wednesday I had an MRI. Then met and talked with the St. Louis Fetal Care Institute. Every one was very nice! Then when I got back to the hotel the kids and my friend we all went swimming.  Later that night Kasey's parents came down to help us out because they were thinking of having me until friday.
Thursday we went to the zoo and then I had an ultra sound and met with Dr. Yang the surgeon, Dr. Myles and the genetics.  So the bad news is it is still very bad case of CDH and baby Jeremy's liver, stomach, intestines are in his chest cavity. The kinda good news is his head to lung ratio is higher 1.8 (which they measure the chest and then the head circumference) Thats how they get the number. So Dr. Yang wanted me to come back friday to get the echo of the babies heart and another ultra sound.  So after all that we all went to dinner.
Then friday I had to be at the appointment at 8 a.m. so everyone was sleeping. The echo of babies heart looks good! They are kinda of worried about me because I have the aortic stenosis. Which they have not received my records from Rockford memorial. I had another ultra sound and this time the head to lung ratio was even higher it was 2. After hearing this news I went to the chapel inside of the hospital which helped. I am sad but I still have hope and will not give up. The St. Louis fetal care institute has to bring all the medical information about baby Jeremy and myself to a review board. To see if they can help us. The main problem is because the lung to head to lung ratio could be off, that it is so high. It could not meet the requirements they need to do anything now.
 The good news is that baby Jeremy has 2 lungs they are both small and one is a little bigger than the other.  I should find out later this week what is going to happen if they can help or not.
It is so hard to be so close and it might not work! I pray that baby Jeremy will get all the help he needs to make it. This little guy moves around so much in my belly. I have a feeling deep down that he will be a fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment