Jeremy @ 20 weeks

Jeremy @ 20 weeks
At 20 weeks we found out about CDH on April 19 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The past few days have been in the hospital!

Late friday night I was having pains in my lower stomach. So I called the doctor  he said to come in and get checked out. At first they thought that maybe it was just growing pains. Well it turned out to be pre-term labor. They did one test to see if I was in labor and that came out positive. Then they checked my cervix it was 1 cm, then an hour later it was 2 cm. The doctors gave me some meds to stop the contractions and the pre-term labor, a steroid shot for Jeremy's lungs. So if he was to be born early that it could give his lung a little boost. On saturday they checked me and the meds are working no contractions. They want me to stay till monday. I should find out more later today. One of the nurses told me I have as much fluid in my belly as that of someone with triplets lol! Also there has been some talk of maybe bed rest after I leave the hospital. Please pray for Jeremy to stay in as long as possible. The doctors have told me that if he needs ecmo he needs to be at least 34 weeks. I am 33 weeks today! Jeremy we love you and hope and pray you stay in longer and keep growing!

2 comments: