Jeremy @ 20 weeks

Jeremy @ 20 weeks
At 20 weeks we found out about CDH on April 19 2011

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trying to find a resting place for Jeremy!

Yesterday I called one funeral home and it was the hardest thing I have every had to do. The guy on the phone was like yes you want information on a burial plot for your deceased son. To hear those words it was so hard. For someone to just be able to say it like it wasn't anything hurt. The expense is a lot more than I thought it would be. The funeral home was trying to get me to do a cremation which was around 1,000 and a burial with no funeral was 2,000. So I asked what it would be for a funeral and burial he said around 3,000.  I really want to be able to say my last good bye to Jeremy and see him. Not just have them put him into a casket and put him into the ground and never see him! I should of looked into this before I was just hoping I would of never had too. After that phone call I wasn't feeling good and was sick which wasn't easy with just having a c-section. I rested the rest of the day. I also received today all of Jeremy's belongings which was hard! The nurses made a plaster imprint of his hand and feet. Later I looked in the memory box they had for him with Bobby and there was his comb they used and one of his blood pressure straps.  Then we found a baby ring and also a snip of is hair. Which I wasn't expecting and it made me so sad. I miss him so much and just wish we had more time with him!  So today I have to make some calls and find something quick. The hospital told me that babies only have a few days. I have a few friends that are going to help me look and to see if any charities could help too.

4 comments:

  1. Jesse, my heart goes out to you and your family...know that I care and I will listen anytime. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse,
    I am from the BBC board and just read your post there today.
    Words can not express the sorrow a mom feels planing to burry her baby. I went through this in June of 2010 and am now finally starting to find peace and healing. I am in tears now just thinking about the fresh pain. The cost of the funeral is hard to come up with, but for me, it is something that I could not have done without. For us, the funeral home was willing to work with us on payments, I will pray that you will have that same treatment.
    I will pray that God will grant you the peace that passes all understanding and when you are ready the healing will begin.
    jlynnstoll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also from the BBC board and read your post. I am praying for peace for you and your family. I'm so sorry for what you are going through and wish there was something I could do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew passed away shortly after birth and there were funeral homes that offered discounted or free services for a deceased baby. Perhaps you can find one of those? I am so sorry for your loss and having to focus on seemingly pointless things like money, but I know that it is a necessary evil right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete