Jeremy @ 20 weeks

Jeremy @ 20 weeks
At 20 weeks we found out about CDH on April 19 2011

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jeremy was born on August 5 2011 and passed on August 7 2011

This is what happened over the past few days. On thursday August 4 all  day I was having bad pains in my sides. Almost like someone was stabbing me. Called the doctor and they said to come in. Around 11pm we were at Lutheran General.  They checked me and I was dilated to 3 cm, but I wasn't having contractions. They decided to keep me overnight.

On friday the pain medicine they gave me helped then later in the day it didn't. The doctors were going to do an ultrasound of my stomach. Well I felt a little wetness come out. They check and it was water. With all the doctor's I see some say c-section and others say vaginal birth. They decided to break some of the water and try for a vaginal birth.  They took me to the operating room to break the water. I had so much that it sound like someone turned on a hose from outside. After that we went back to my room.  They checked me and I was bleeding a lot. They say I was hemorrhaging and that my placenta was tearing.  So they had to take me back to the operating room for an emergancy c-section. Before they broke my water they gave me an epidural. Which I didn't think it was working. When I was laying down for the c-section they were checking to see if I could feel anything.  Which I could feel every time they pocked me or touched me. They decided to put me under. Which I was scared to have a c-section and then be put under. I wasn't ready for all this!

Jeremy Robert Nolan was born August 5 2011 at 10:24pm.  He weighed 7lbs and 1oz.  They had problems getting him on oxygen and clean his lungs out.  He has the CDH and he also has tracheal Esophageal Fistula (TEF). The TEF says it happens at 4 weeks of being pregnant. They didn't find this out till he was born. The way the doctor explained it was his esophagus stopped and didn't go to stomach and that air was being pushed to his lungs and then in his stomach and intestines. To get him ready for ecmo they needed all the air out of his body and to be able to put tubes down his esophagus. So he wasn't a candidate for ecmo. They told us after he was born that with all the medical conditions there wasn't much they could do.  After we saw him for an hour they made me go back to the room, because I lost so much blood. We went to sleep and in the morning we had a meeting with the doctors and nurses. They said medically they did everything they can. We decided to go back a little later because they made me go rest. After resting we were going to see Jeremy. Then this  surgical doctor said she needed to talk to us. She was telling us he was doing so good and that maybe sunday morning they could do a surgery to fix the TFE. Bobby and I were so confused hours earlier they said they couldn't do anything and now this. We were just getting ready to say good bye.  We went down and he was doing good, he was really pink and his oxygen levels were good and heart rate was good.  So we deiced to see how he was in the morning.

I really was hoping I would have to never have to type these words. At 2am we received a call from the doctor's in the NICU that he wasn't doing good at all.  So we hurried down and he looked purple and his heart rate and oxygen levels were really bad. His poor little tummy was full of air and was so hard.  They gave us a choice to do CPR or let him go on his own. So we felt with all the air in his stomach and intestines that it would be so painful to have more air pushed in. He could only take so much. The nurses took him off the machines and we were able to hold him for the first time. Jeremy's heart rate kept dropping 90's, 60's and when we held him it was in the 30's. Also his oxygen to his brain was in the 30's which a good range is (60 to 80's). He was just a cute little baby. We will miss him so much. I just wished we had more time with him. That I could of went down to see him more. I was hoping and praying that his wouldn't happen.

Dear Jeremy
 we love you so much and you will be forever missed. I can't wait to hold and see you again.
Love Mommy, Daddy
& Isaic , Aiden

Will try and post a few pictures soon. I have been in the hospital sense thursday and should go home on tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment