Jeremy @ 20 weeks

Jeremy @ 20 weeks
At 20 weeks we found out about CDH on April 19 2011

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Can't wait till Friday

      So to update a little. In the past 5 weeks I have been on youtube,baby-center, blogs, the internet, researching CDH as much as I can.  I was messaging a women on baby-center, who was telling me about a doctor in St. Louis.  Which at the time wasn't sure if I was able to go to St. Louis. A few weeks later I received an email from that doctor. His name is Dr. Yang at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center.  I emailed him a little about what it is going on with Jeremy. I needed to get a referral to go to St. Louis. Which by now I have seen my original obgyn then another doctor, then my care was transfered to a few more doctors. I just want someone who cares and wants to help. The doctors I have seen are very medical and I feel like I am just a number to them. 
On monday I had another ultra sound this doctor was very caring and he said that not much can be done until he is born. The doctor said he would call Dr. Yang to talk with him.  
Today I talked to the doctor and he said he would put my referral in and send all my medical information over.  The main problem is because all of his organs are in his chest the lungs can't form.  I read that Dr. Yang can do a procedure to help this. It is a Tracheal Occlusion. So hopefully friday they call so I can go to St. Louis to get another look and more options for baby Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment